[CMake] OSX 10.5 Lepord upgrade warning

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Nov 8 13:27:06 EST 2007

So, I am setting up a dashboard on a machine that was recently upgraded
to Leopard.  If you upgrade the OS, but do not install the optional
Xcode tools that come on the Leopard disk, the compiler will not work.
The compiler will be there, but if you run it, you will get errors like
this:

/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../../libSystem.dylib unknown
flags (type) of section 6 (__TEXT,__dof_plockstat) in load command 0

There are some results about this, if you do google searches, but no
answers:

http://www.neuron.yale.edu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3660&sid=88cd3b58fb1b7824282a0c1715359efb

The fix is to install the new version of Xcode.  I just wanted to get
this out into google land and on the CMake mailing list.

-Bill