[CMake] Import libraries prefix bug under windows?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:32:38 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 2:09 PM, Ronan Collobert <collober at nec-labs.com> wrote:
> Yes, indeed, it does work with SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES.
>
> CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_PREFIX advantage is that it set up the prefix for
> all libraries. So no need each time you have a library target to have
> this SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES additional line.
>
> Like that, I do not remember where I saw doc about it. It is actually
> referenced (without any comments) on the CMake Useful Variables page:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables
>
> Also, if you look at the code of CMake in Modules/Platform/*.cmake it is
> used in  a lot of scripts to initialize the default prefixes (including
> Windows!).

Use as an initializer does not imply that it's an interface for the
user to change the value.  There's a fair number of CMake "useful"
variables that are actually pretty darned useless if you try to write
to them.  The good news is that in CMake 2.6.0 all the public
variables are going to be documented, so perhaps this "read only"
confusion will go away.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every