[CMake] Symbian support

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat Nov 3 07:02:25 EDT 2007

On Saturday 03 November 2007, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 2007 5:25 AM, Salvatore Iovene
> >
> > <salvatore.iovene+cmake at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> are there any plans for supporting the symbian platform? I.e. having
> >> CMake generate the build files for Symbian.
> >
> > Can't imagine why it would be "on the drawing board," so to speak.  Of
> > course, contributions would probably be welcomed.
> >
> >> If not, could you give me some estimates about how hard a job it'd be?

I guess for you it should be around one or two weeks (including emailing, i.e.
one or two days actual work).

> > You're probably in a better position to make the guess, knowing more
> > about Symbian.
>
> The best place to start would be here:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
>
> I bet it would work without too much trouble.  I am sure Alex would help
> if you had any specific questions after applying what you read in the wiki.

Yes.
What is the development platform ?
Which compiler do you use ?
What are the naming conventions for object files, static libs, shared libs,
executables on Symbian ?
Are shared libs supported ?

Alex