[CMake] building an OSX app release

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Nov 1 21:52:17 EDT 2007

On 2007-11-01 20:17-0500 Peter Crowley wrote:

> How can I tell cmake to take the libraries and include them in the build app?
> Does it matter if it is statically or dynamically linked?  Is this as simple
> as copying the dylib over, or am I missing something?
>
> If you have attempted to do something like this, I would greatly appreciate
> your advice.

Haven't done this myself, but I have thought about this possibility for
PLplot.  If we ever implement it (as an option), I would simply use the
CMake INSTALL(FILES... command to install the external libraries to some
appropriate location in our install tree with appropriate permissions. I
believe this would work because the files to be installed can have absolute
pathnames.  CMake just sets up the install.  The actual installation
normally occurs as the result of the "make install" command.  That's
relevant to your problem because if you make a binary distribution with
CPack, it will put all files normally installed with "make install" into a
binary distribution file (compressed tarball or whatever you choose)
instead, and I believe that such a binary distribution file is what you are
really asking for.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).