[CMake] building an OSX app release

Peter Crowley peter.crowley at alumni.utexas.net
Thu Nov 1 21:17:00 EDT 2007

hello all,
I've read a couple of recent posts that skirted around my issue, but
didn't see any answers.  I've been a programmer in the past, but I'm
kind of new to the buildmiester role, so please forgive my ignorance.

The situation I'm in is that I have installed and compiled several
dependent packages on my build system using the recommended install
procedures for each package (not cmake).  I am using cmake to build
my programs that currently link against these packages, and
everything compiles nd runs fine.  My current version of cmake uses
FIND_PACKAGE to locate the dependencies.  I now want to build a
RELEASE version that will produce a standalone app bundle that will
include the dependent libraries that I have been using in my builds.

How can I tell cmake to take the libraries and include them in the
build app?  Does it matter if it is statically or dynamically
linked?  Is this as simple as copying the dylib over, or am I missing
something?

If you have attempted to do something like this, I would greatly
appreciate your advice.
-Peter