[CMake] disabling the cache

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Thu Nov 1 10:08:19 EDT 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> ,----
> | On 01.11.07 10:49:12, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
> | In any case, the automatic regeneration of project files *does*
> | *not*
> | *work*, and my question was simply if there was a plan for either
> | doing
> | something about it (such as disabling it per default, which would
> | be a
> | sensible thing to do, IMHO), and/or documenting that it is broken.
> `---

Duh. That was not the entire post. Here is what I wrote in the paragraph
*before* the one you chose to quote:

"Visual Studio *does* reload the project files, but not *during* a
build. If any project files are modified during a build, they are
reloaded *after* the build is complete. I'm not sure if I would call
this a bug, even if it conjunction with cmake causes a breakage when
cmake tries to regenereate project files."

I'll even throw in a link to the list archives:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2007-November/017319.html

--
/Jesper