[CMake] FindKDE3

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed May 30 08:42:59 EDT 2007

Hi Duncan,

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 09:15, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> The macro KDE3_INSTALL_LIBTOOL_FILE installs the .la file in a
> hardcoded /lib/kde3 path, so when you change the lib dir to lib64, you get
> the .so file installed in lib64/kde3 and the .la file installed in
> lib/kde3.
>
> I work around this copying the KDE3* modules to my local project and ussing
> the variables LIB and LIB_SUFFIX my projects configures, but I am not sure
> how is the standard way to fix it in the module.

you are right, this is currently hardcoded.

I could add an additional argument to KDE3_INSTALL_LIBTOOL_FILE. How do you
decide that the libs go into /lib64, manually ?
I could also check whether the path to libkdecore.so contains "/lib64" and if
so use /lib64/kde3.
Or I could check SIZEOF_VOID_P and use then /lib64 if it's a 64bit machine.

Comments ?

Bye
Alex