[CMake] Scripting Ctest for dashboard submision

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Wed May 9 18:16:35 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I set up a dart 2 server (java) in a corner, and succesfully managed to send
reports to it using Cmake.

Now I would like to set up some nightly and continuous builds on several
different machines with differents options (libs version, static/debug,
...). For this , I need to go through scripting Ctest.

I wrote a script based on the wiki, which indeed
- update from my svn server
- configure my project using cmake (i.e. Generates the .sln files and other
project files),
- build the source
- test
- submit the xml files.

Unfortunatly, everything goes fine except the submission part. The
/<binary-tree>/Testing/ folder is created at the configuration time, but the
intermediate directory is not created and thus, the xml files are not
present when Ctest try to send them.
Funny enough, the generated solution and projects are good, as I can
manually trigger the "Experimental" project from within MSVC8 and submit to
the dashboard this way.

What did I forget?

Alex.

_________
CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY set
CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY set

CTEST_COMMAND set to "ctest -D Experimental"
CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE empty
CTEST_ENVIRONMENT empty
CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "Visual Studio 8 2005"

CTEST_UPDATE(...)
CTEST_CONFIGURE(...)
CTEST_BUILD(...)
CTEST_TEST(...)