[CMake] RE: CMake 2.4.1/VC71 Why the wierd <project>.dir subdirs?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:08:21 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> CMake does have a test suite that checks for most of this stuff.  My
> guess is that if you made that change something would fail.  But if it
> did not fail, that would not mean that it would not cause a problem,
> just that we did not yet create the test for the problem.

Sure.  But when a person declares something "pointless," if they are asked
to run the standard test suite, it will shorten the conversation.  Nothing
wrong with a "heads up" question as per the original post, but really, why
argue in detail about design decisions that are probably there for a
reason?  Either a logical reason or a historical reason; doesn't matter.

Rob, I'd still like to know the original problem that prompted you to delve
into this.  I read this thread because I've faked convenience libraries.
What was your driving problem?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every