[CMake] heads up on convenience lib ? and a problem on source files with similar names...

Asmodehn Shade asmodehn at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:48:25 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I've seen in the FAQ and mailing list, that CMake doesnt support convenience libraries right now.
I was trying to set up a set of cmake files to help in builds, when the directory hierarchy is already decided.
Anyway I gave up my ideas of having convenience libraries for now. So now I add every sourcefile to the main target.

But I ve had problem with that strategy. One of my old convenience library has a source file named "source.c" and my main target has a source file named "source.cc"
>From that it seems that Cmake builds only one "source.o", ignoring one of the source files...

So here are my questions :
- What is the status of supporting convenience libraries ? Anyone knows if / when this will be likely to work ?
- Does someone has a solution to the problem of source file with similar name ( other than renaming my files, and the naming conventions I ve had everywhere so far ;) ) ??
Maybe cmake could just build source.o and source_1.o for example ? or some other name matching pattern based on the path and extension ?

Thanks a lot,

--
Asmodehn