[CMake] CTEST_EXTRA_UPDATES_1 and Subversion

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Mon May 7 17:16:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

In the "Mastering CMake" book and the Wiki
(http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest) is an example of
using CTEST_EXTRA_UPDATES_1 to perform updating of extra directories
from the repository, e.g. a tools directory that is outside your
monitored source directory:

	SET (CTEST_EXTRA_UPDATES_1
"$ENV{HOME}/Dashboards/MyTests/VTKData" "-dAP")

I tried to follow this with Subversion but it didn't work, after looking
at the source code that is handling CTEST_EXTRA_UPDATES_1 it looks like
it is ignoring its first argument, and I had to do the following to get
it to work:

	SET (CTEST_CVS_COMMAND "svn")
	SET (CTEST_EXTRA_UPDATES_1 "--non-interactive"
"/my/path/source")

So, I'm having to pass a dummy argument prior to the path, also from the
code it looks like the "update" argument is hard coded.

Does anyone know if this is a documentation/Wiki error, bug or feature?
Have the arguments since been reversed?

 - TrevK