[CMake] Re: 'make test' doesn't build cppunit test executable

apervukh at minet.uni-jena.de apervukh at minet.uni-jena.de
Wed Mar 28 03:46:59 EST 2007

Hi friends!

A few days ago I posted here an issue on how to force cmake to build and
run cppunit test executables by running 'make test'. I managed to move
further in solving the problem but not yet completely. Details are below.
If somebody has any experience with related issues or any further ideas, I
would appreciate any help!

Anton

>>> You want to look at ctest --build-and-test, there are examples in the
>>> CMake source tree of how
>>> to do this.   With this you run cmake and make on something that is not
>>> even part of the larger
>>> project.
>>>

>> Now calling 'make test' gives the segmentation fault:
>>
>> Running tests...
>> Start processing tests
>> Test project
>>   1/  1 Testing imslib-tests                  ***Exception: SegFault
>>
>> 0% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 1
>>
>> The following tests FAILED:
>>           1 - imslib-tests (SEGFAULT)
>> Errors while running CTest
>> make: *** [test] Error 8
>>

> What program is seg-faulting?   You can run ctest with -V and -VV to get
> more verbose output.

it was ctest, version 2.4.3. After I installed the last stable release
2.5. from cvs the problem appeared to be clear: CMAKE_TEST_GENERATOR was
set to null. So I corrected it and now can proceed further, but still
ending with error :-) Here is the output of ctest -VV (the same is the
content of LastTest.log after running 'make test'):

~/project/imslib_build$ctest -VV --build-and-test ~/sources/imslib/tests/
~/imslib_build/tests/ --build-generator "Unix Makefiles" --build-project
imslib-tests --build-makeprogram --test-command imslib-tests
Internal cmake changing into directory:
/home/erwin/project/imslib_build/tests
======== CMake output     ======
======== End CMake output ======
No such file or directory
Generator: execution of make clean failed.

The directory /home/erwin/project/imslib_build/tests exists and if I
change to it and run 'make' directly, then tests are compiled and
executable imslib-tests is built sucessfully. I can also run 'make clean'
with no problem.

I tried to google on the above error but couldn't find anything helpful.