[CMake] COMPILE_FLAGS

Kishore, Jonnalagadda (IE10) Kishore.Jonnalagadda at honeywell.com
Tue Mar 27 01:48:17 EST 2007

> > Kishore, Jonnalagadda (IE10) wrote:
> > > Is there a variable with all the compile options concatenated? A
> > > variable with common CMAKE_C_FLAGS +
> CMAKE_C_FLAGS_${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE} +
> > > ADD_DEFINITIONS() + INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES?
> > >

> > > I am looking for this for passing them to the assembler macro
where
> > > use ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND.
> > >

> > > What are variables where the information for each of the above is
> > > stored? Especially for ADD_DEFINITIONS and INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.
> >
> > GET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY(defs DEFINITIONS)
> > GET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTY(includes INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES)
>
> This would have worked just fine except that INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
returns
> semicolon separated list of directory names not a space separated list
> where I can prefix each entry with "-I".
>
> Is there a command like the SEPARATE_ARGUMENTS but which does just the
> opposite? i.e. replace semicolons with spaces?

Well! I am not sure what is happening here. I used my ADD_PREFIX macro
to add the -I and passed the variable as an argument to COMMAND the
problem I have currently is that for some reason, cmake seems to add a
series of backslashes that cause a problem at the command line causing
it to fail. I am not completely sure and I am exploring the same. If
anyone has experience with this I request you to share it. :-)

Warm regards,
Kishore