[CMake] Re: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND...

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Mar 25 10:53:31 EST 2007

Patrick Gelin wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> I don't think so because the comand below show that gcc and g++ exist like
> this:
> gelinp at gelinux:~$ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)
>
> gelinp at gelinux:~$ g++ --version
> g++ (GCC) 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)

In this case it should work.    Can you create a small cmake test file:
----CMakeLists.txt:---
add_library(foo foo.c)
------end CMakeLists.txt-----
put that in a directory by itself.  Then do this:
touch foo.c
mkdir b
cd b
cmake ..

And post all the output.
> By the way, when you say "Then set CC to gcc and CXX to g++" are you talking
> about variables to set into .bashrc file or variable to set into the
> CMakeList.txt file? I don't really understand that CmakeList.txt file
> because I'm a newbe for cmake and I want only to compile a tool. I
> used .configure, then make because that I know...

I am talking about environment variables CC and CXX.  But in your case
cmake should have found
gcc and g++ with no problem.