[CMake] EXECUTE_PROCESS - I can't copy files on Windows

Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva vasconcv at loria.fr
Wed Mar 21 08:05:26 EST 2007

> You can convert to native paths with FILE(TO_NATIVE_PATH path result)

	Thanks Filipe. Much more "cleaner" way.
	I was using only the Mastering CMake book, but I'm observing a lot of
improvements from 2.2 to 2.4 version. Now I'll always look at CMake help.

> try ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy (or copy_if_different) instead a see if it
> works.

	Well, unfortunaly, no. I tried a simpler command, that copies only one
file that is located in actual directory to my test directory.
	My structure is that:

	C:\...\mylib
	C:\...\mylib\mytest

	I tried:

      EXECUTE_PROCESS(${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy "teste.txt" "mytest"
		RESULT_VARIABLE resultado
		ERROR_VARIABLE erro )

      MESSAGE ("resultado: " ${resultado})
      MESSAGE ("erro: " ${erro})

	(I have the teste.txt file inside mylib dir)
	I got the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\vasconcv\work\conta\mylib>cmake .
-- Who am I? Windows
--- Copying TEST files arguments needed to performe unit tests...
conversao Z:\Qgar\mylib
conversao C:\Documents and Settings\vasconcv\work\conta\mylib
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
Z:/Qgar/qgarlib/testsuite/CMakeLists.txt:203:
EXECUTE_PROCESS  given unknown argument "C:/Program Files/CMake
2.4/bin/cmake.exe".
Current CMake stack: Z:/Qgar/mylib/mytest/CMakeLists.txt
resultado:
erro:
-- Configuring done

C:\Documents and Settings\vasconcv\work\conta\mylib>

	When I tried "by hand" in command line:

	cmake -E copy teste.txt mytest

	It worked fine.
	Thanks a lot and I hope to get a solution. It seems not to be a big
problem, is it?

	Vitor Vasconcelos