[CMake] Problem with VC++ 2005 Express

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Mar 17 23:12:32 EST 2007

On 2007-03-17 18:05-0700 winson wrote:

> I am using VC++ 2005 Express. I have installed PSDK
> for Windows Server 2003 R2 and wxWidget 2.8.2. I
> downloaded cmake 2.4.6, and I was trying to compile
> the source code of a package named PLplot5.7.2. At the
> command window, I used the command:....

I saw your question also on the Plplot list.  I have no windows experience
so don't keep track of the various windows compilers, but it is possible (a)
the PLplot windows developers cannot answer you because they don't have
access to your compiler/build tools, or (b) they are still mulling over your
question.

Here is what I suggest you do.  First answer the question about whether your
fundamental compiler/build tool and CMake setup is OK by building a much
simpler project than PLplot (e.g., http://cmake.org/HTML/Examples.html).

If that build works, but the PLplot one does not, then you should probably
try to get an answer from our windows developers on the PLplot list.
However, if the simple project does not work for you, then you should try to
get an answer here about what is wrong with your CMake and/or compiler/build
tool setup.

Hope these initial ideas help you start down the road of figuring out why
you are having trouble with your PLplot build for your particular windows
development environment.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).