[CMake] CMake and memory leak testing?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 15:26:15 EST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> ...on a similar note to the recent post regarding "CMake and
> profiling...", is there any support (current or planned) for leak
> testing of test suites? What I would like to do is have a bunch of
> tests that are run (possibly twice; once normally, and once) under
> valgrind or another leak checker. Such a test fails if there is any
> non-freed memory in use when the application exits. This would help to
> catch memory management bugs.

We do both coverage and valgrind testing on CMake itself.  See the
dashboard:
http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Dashboard/20070315-0100-Nightly/Dashboard.html

At the bottom of the page it shows the coverage and dynamic analysis
results.  You can then look up site/build names that match that build,
and then look at the Notes for that build to see how this was done.

Here is a profile build, and a valgrind build:

http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-g++4.0/20070315-0100-Nightly/Notes.html

-Bill