[CMake] CMake with Eclipse (cdt) - error parsing

Iain Hull Iain.Hull at cr2.com
Thu Mar 15 09:30:45 EST 2007

Hi,

We are currently using CMake and Eclipse (cdt) to port our windows product
to unix (Solaris x86).

I had to write a small Eclipse plugin to get our compile errors to appear in
the "Problems" tab.  This parsed the sun compliers exception messages and
marked them as problems with file and location info.

Now that I have this working I would like to write a similar plugin for
CMake error messages.  So I have a few questions for the list:

* Is anybody else already doing this?

* Can people send me some examples of real life cmake error messages that I
can use for my unit tests?

* Can anyone give me a diffinative pattern for all cmake errors? See my
basic interpretation below.

Cmake Error text example:

   CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
   C:/Devroot/UnixBranch2/BWCommon/./BWLib/BWInfra/CMakeLists.txt:94:
   Unknown CMake command "LISTP".

Structure:
* First line: indicates an error
* Second line: indicates file and line number
* Third line: contains description

Once this is done I will release the code on this mailing list as soon as it
is usable, I will create a source forge project in the future, but I am very
busy at the moment so realistically it will probably be a few months before
I can set that up.

Kind regards,
Iain Hull.

CR2