[CMake] Re: FindSDL.cmake and mingw / msys

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 13 05:40:45 EST 2007

Hi,

reading the bug report, the problem is:

# MinGW needs an additional library, mwindows
# It's total link flags should look like -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL
-lmwindows
# (Actually on second look, I think it only needs one of the m* libraries.)
IF(MINGW)
  SET(MINGW32_LIBRARY mingw32 CACHE STRING "mwindows for MinGW")
ENDIF(MINGW)

MSYS!=MINGW for CMake for good reasons. The best solution would be to
use the MinGW compiler within normal Windows CLI, since it's so much
faster than MSYS, you won't regret it. Another solution would be to
change the lines above to

IF(MINGW AND MSYS)
  SET(MINGW32_LIBRARY mingw32 CACHE STRING "mwindows for MinGW")
ENDIF(MINGW AND MSYS)

and similar code in  FindSDL.cmake. This should work  than.

Regards,
Werner

PA Galmes wrote:

> On 2/24/07, *PA Galmes* <pagalmes.lists at gmail.com
> <mailto:pagalmes.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I've been playing for some days with cmake, and I have
>     to say that I quite love the way it works. But while trying
>     to compile a sourceforge project under Windows using
>     MSYS, I run into a problem.
>
>     I do not know if the problem is related to the
>     CMakeLists.txt that I did not wrote correctly or to an
>     issue into the FindSDL.cmake . That's why I write here.
>

> I reported an issue about this:
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4539&pos=0
> <http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4539&pos=0>
>
> Could anyone help me determine where the problem comes from?
>
> Regards,
>
>     --
>     Pierre-André Galmes
>     Free Software consultant