[CMake] Re: How to nuke a directory (for 'make clean')?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 12 13:53:53 EST 2007

(Sorry if this double-posts, gmane appears to have rejected it the first
time due to server system load.)

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok... so I make documentation for my project with:
>>
>> ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(doc doxygen ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/Doxyfile)
>>
>> It works great, except that 'make clean' doesn't touch it. Since there
>> is no practical way to know what files this makes, but it IS known that
>> all generated files will be in a particular directory (in my case, my
>> Doxyfile.cmake puts them in ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/doc), how can I cause
>> 'make clean' to effectively/portably 'rm -rf ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/doc'?
>
> I didn't test, but you could try SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES( ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES ) , but I'm not sure it also works with directories. You could also create a using ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(doxyclean ... ) which calls cmake -E ... to remove the directory and make this target depend on the "clean" target.

No, it doesn't... I already tried this:

SET_DIRECTORY_PROPERTIES(PROPERTIES ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES doc/)

...and it doesn't work. Maybe this should be a bug/RFE?

--
Matthew
Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.