[CMake] cmake rules

Michal Kolasinski m.kolasinski at qualiant.at
Thu Mar 8 05:45:53 EST 2007

Hi,

Maybe someone can answer this questions:

1) I would like to force cmake to write the compiler output for each .cpp
file into an .err - file named: nameofcppfilewithoutextension.err using:
SET (CMAKE_CXX_COMPILE_OBJECT "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER} <SOURCE> -o <OBJECT>
<FLAGS> > nameofcppfilewithoutextension.err")
Is there a rule variable that I can use to get
nameofcppfilewithoutextension? Something like <SOURCE_BASE> or
<OBJECT_BASE>?

2) I would like to have only one sourcetree but two different output
locations for the Debug and Release CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, so I don't have to
rebuild all .obj files every time I switch the build type? I tried to change
the CMAKE_BINARY_DIR in my CMakeLists.txt but it didn't work.

3) Why does cmake use cl -link (instead of link.exe) for linking?

4) Why does it pass compiler options to cl when linking? (cl  /nologo /W3
/Zm1000 /Gr -link /version:0.0 /STACK:10000000 /machine:I386.)

Thank you in advance

Michal