[CMake] cpack problem: only a few files are included in tgz

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 09:53:29 EST 2007

2007/3/7, Pierre Chifflier <chifflier at cpe.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application using cmake to configure, build & install. I'd
> like to use cpack to create packages, so I followed
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack
>
> I added "include(CPack)" in top-level CMakeLists.txt file, ran cmake
> and then tried to create the package using cpack -G TGZ

If you use Makefile generator you may call

make package
or
make package_source
as well.

> Problem is: only a small numbers of the files are included, and it
> seems I can't get the logic of the inclusion or not.

The file included in "package" are the one which are INSTALLed
with the INSTALL command.

> For ex, the .so files are not included, as well as the .h files, etc.
> Files are present in the directory after running make install, and
> it seems cpack does not log anything useful ..

It has been reported some problem with CPack if you
use "absolute" filename in your INSTALL command.

You may search the Mailing List archive for a discussion on the subject.
--
Erk