[CMake] can cmake itself support 'make check'?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 5 17:03:33 EST 2007

For cmake 2.4.7 (or whatever comes next), could 'make check' work (i.e.
do the same thing as 'make test', rather than being an unknown target)?
Right now I added this to CMakeLists.txt:

ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(check make test)

Rationale: I want to include cmake with a set of mostly-GNU packages I
maintain. To avoid special-casing just for cmake, I need 'check' to be
the test-suite target.

Also I saw something in the archives that seemed to imply that 'check'
is supposed to work for CMake-based projects with test suites. Right now
I am using something similar to the above hack. Is this going to become
unnecessary in the future? (I don't especially care either way, I'm just
curious.)

--
Matthew
"Have you tried that new mixed drink, 'GDR'"?