[CMake] adding and removing build configuration types

Ilya Shvetsov chvetsov at kranx.com
Sun Mar 4 08:36:09 EST 2007

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:30:33 +0200, ElderOrb <elderorb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, cmake.
>
> There are 4 default build configurations defined by cmake: "debug",
> "release", "minSizeRel" and "relWithDebInfo". How to remove "minSizeRel"
> and "relWithDebInfo" and add "debug unicode" and "release unicode"?
> ("debug unicode" is just "debug" with -DZ_UNICODE definition, the same
> is true for "release unicode")
>
> I tried to play with CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES, CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, read
> faq and had much googling - all without success.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables

Find description for CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE. It describes how to create new
config.

I removed successfully minSizeRel with command placed before PROJECT
command

set(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES Debug Release RelWithDebInfo CACHE TYPE
INTERNAL FORCE )

Hope help you

--
Ilya Shvetsov (mailto:chvetsov at kranx.com)