[CMake] Linking several executables to the same object files

Daniel Gruen daniel_gruen at web.de
Fri Jun 29 12:56:16 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm new to cmake and currently about to migrate a majority of my software
projects, as I really like it :)

Just one question: I have a project including several executables that all
link to a set of common .o files (and I don't want to make a library out of
it). Is there a way to prevent cmake from compiling them over and over again?
Currently, it does (just having specified all the add_executables(something1
commonfile1.cpp commonfile2.cpp commonfile3.cpp something1.cpp)), and the
common source files will be compiled into object files for every executable
anew, taking quite a lot more time than with simple commonfile.o targets in
the previous Makefile.

Greetings & Thanks in advance

Daniel