[CMake] add_custom_target dependencies error

Mehdi Rabah mehdi.rabah at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:39:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm seeking for help for a weird error that is happening to me.
I have a cmake project, with a lot of target, two of them are named
subproject1_deb, and subproject2_deb

$ make help:
The following are some of the valid targets for this Makefile:
... all (the default if no target is provided)
... clean
... depend
... deb
... edit_cache
... install
... install/local
... list_install_components
... package
... package_source
... rebuild_cache
... deb_destdir_install
... hugr_deb
... iplimage_deb

The deb target is declared as the following:

ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET ( deb
                    DEPENDS subproject1_deb, subproject2_deb )

but when I try to make the deb target, here the error I get:

Built target subproject1_deb
make[3]: *** No rule to build target « ../subproject2_deb, », needed for «
CMakeFiles/deb ». Stop. (translated)

But, when I type make subproject2_deb, everything is ok.

Do you have a clue of what am I doing wrong ?
I am using a script to generate subprojects_deb (debian packages).
http://vtk.org/Wiki/CMakeUserUseDebian

Regards,
--
Mehdi