[CMake] integrating cmake project with third party project

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:59:13 EDT 2007

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND runs at build time, in the shell you're actually
building with.  EXECUTE_PROCESS runs at configuration time, in
whatever shell you started CMake with.           The vast majority of
the time, you want to accomplish things with ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND.  You
can't use CMake script commands directly inside an ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND,
you have to use things that actually work on the command line.  You
could run a new CMake instance to fire off a script, i.e.

COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -D var=value -P myscript

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every