[CMake] ccmake not compiled in kubuntu, please help

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Jun 22 18:39:54 EDT 2007

Quoting kdsfinger at gmail.com:

> hi, all
> I got the problem that the ccmake was not compiled in the kubuntu (a
> kde debian version). What else library should I install to make the
> ccmake available? It says curses library needed for the ccmake but I
> don't know what are the exact name of the librarys in kubuntu. I have
> ncurses-base, ncurses-bin, libcurses5 installed. thanks for help.
> Using cmake -i will be too tedious.
> zl2k

How did you install cmake? What version of cmake? The KUbuntu cmake
package does include ccmake. If you are installing from sources, you
will need these packages: libncurses5-dev, tcl8.4 (that's what the
"build-depends" section of the Debian controlfile says).

In case you need a newer version of cmake, you can build the package
yourself from sources (dpkg-build). More often than not, the diff.gz
for a not-so-old version of the software (cmake in this case) works
fine with the latest version. I think I successfuly applied the 2.4.6
.diff.gz to 2.4.7RC10.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org