[CMake] ccmake not compiled in kubuntu, please help

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Jun 22 09:11:08 EDT 2007

kdsfinger at gmail.com wrote:

> hi, all
> I got the problem that the ccmake was not compiled in the kubuntu (a
> kde debian version). What else library should I install to make the
> ccmake available? It says curses library needed for the ccmake but I
> don't know what are the exact name of the librarys in kubuntu. I have
> ncurses-base, ncurses-bin, libcurses5 installed. thanks for help.
> Using cmake -i will be too tedious.

check if your curses library is symlinked to ncurses library

For example in my machine

/usr/lib/libcurses.so -> libncurses.so
/usr/lib/libncurses.so -> /lib/libncurses.so.5

and my cmake cache has the following settings

CURSES_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libcurses.so
cmForm_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=/usr/lib/libcurses.so