[CMake] Linkerflags / library include path

Rajko Albrecht ral at alwins-world.de
Mon Jun 18 09:35:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have on some linux distributions following problem:

1. The project contains a shared library installed into /usr/lib[64] and a
binary linked against. (Other projects uses that library)

2. When building the project on some systems the application will get get
linked against version in /usr/lib eg. installed version and not current
build version eg. version in CMAKE_BUILD_DIR/lib. When versions differs it
fails, of course, for instance due unresolved symbols.

I don't know and understand why, 'cause on most other systems it works nice
and as wanted.

What I see: an external lib appends as linkflags -L/usr/lib, when suppressing
this (and just adding -lthelib) then it links the fresh build shared lib
against app and not the one from /usr/lib. 'Cause this is only made by hand
and not portable my question: is there a flag in cmake where I may control
this? Eg., what is or may the reason, that on most systems cmake take the
fresh library and not the one installed in /usr/lib but in some circumstances
not?

the link-flag from the second library are required and it is possible that
this "-L" parameter is required.

Ciao

Rajko