[CMake] Unable to compile a simple test program

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jun 15 13:47:28 EDT 2007

This file name: ...
c:\Documents and Settings\lars\Desktop\Insight
Toolkit\myPrograms\ImageRegist
rationBin\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug
...is 254 characters long.

Try a shorter initial directory for your source and build trees. Also:
perhaps try updating to CMake 2.4.7, it has some bug fixes in it that may
prevent the occurrence of ridiculously long file names during try
compiles...

HTH,
David