[CMake] CPack and 7-Zip?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Jun 15 13:18:40 EDT 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007 12:28, Peter Visser wrote:
> > > INSTALL(TARGETS helloworld
> > >                   RUNTIME DESTINATION bin STRIP_ALWAYS
> > >                   LIBRARY DESTINATION lib STRIP_NEVER
> > >                   ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib STRIP_NEVER
> > >                )
> > >
> > > In my case that would work very well.
> >
> > I guess you would do it this way for all installed targets ?
> > Also for the LIBRARY part, which is only for libraries which were created
> > using ADD_LIBRARY( ... MODULE ...) ?
>
> I think so,  the  reason  I specify  RUNTIME/LIBRARY and ARCHIVE is
> convenience (I'm lazy..). I Just copy these lines from one target to
> another and change the name, it works for the executables and libraries in
> the same way.
>

> Maybe ALWAYS_STRIP and EXCLUDE_FROM_STRIP would be a bit more consistent

Please update from cvs.

It seems stripping static libs is a bad idea (since it removes their symbol
table) and stripping import libs doesn't make sense (since they don't have
debug information), so both are now excluded from stripping.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me know if stripping the modules is a problem for you.

Alex