[CMake] CPack and 7-Zip?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 16:56:48 EDT 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 16:36, Peter Visser wrote:
> I rather like the current (2.4.6) fine grained approach. In the past I
> experienced problems (run-time crashes) when stripping dll's, hence not
> stripping them better suits my specific case.
>
> Furtermore, the cvs version complains that it cannot find the archive files
> (which are not required in the package target):
> ...strip.ex '....dll.a' : No such file

This should actually work better now, because now the stripping commands are
generated by cmake (which knows where the files go, whereas cpack can only
guess) and put into the cmake_install.cmake. This also means there is now
a "make install" and a "make install/strip" target, so you can also strip
when installing. This is not possible with 2.4.6.
Anyway, can you please create a minimal testcase where the file is not found ?

Thanks
Alex