[CMake] how to use a cross linker

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:55:24 EDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:

> Have a look at this page, it documents current CMake cvs HEAD:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
>
> I'm happy about questions, comments, ideas etc.

That's pretty cool.  The 1st thing that springs to mind is not a CMake
issue per se, but rather, putting some info up about how to set up and
test a cross-compiling system.  So that people actually use the
cross-compiling capabilities and shake the bugs out.  Something aimed
at GCC, MinGW, and Cygwin would be good.  I wonder if anyone ever
tries to cross-compile with MSVC?  Then of course there's the Apple
crowd and their Universal Binaries.

A list of CMake projects that are actually doing cross-compiling would
be helpful also, as they could be used as example builds.  Some kind
of "external resources" page.