[CMake] compiling implementation first in dependancies

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Thu Jun 14 04:54:16 EDT 2007

	Hi,

In my project, I have very often a pattern like this:
a.cpp:
#include "z.h"

b.cpp:
#include "z.h"

c.cpp:
#include "z.h"

z.cpp:
#include "z.h"

If I change z.h and z.cpp to add a new method, I usually don't get z.h
to work out of the box, but only realize it when compiling z.cpp .
What's annoying is that cmake will first compile a.cpp , b.cpp , c.cpp
and then only z.cpp .

It there any way to tell CMake "compile the cpp file whose name match
the header file first" ?

I tried to specify direct targets, like:
make CMakeFiles/...more stuff.../z.obj

but it was not successful either.

It there any way to get the behavior I want ?

	cheers,

	Philippe