[CMake] [Dev] CMake 2.5 tool chain support example

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 18:15:18 EDT 2007

Alex,

> Please update to current cvsand use "Generic" as
> CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME, there is now a Generic.cmake in cmake.

I still think I should use vendor ("Freescale") instead of "Generic", as
"Generic-chc12" may not be unique, it is just luck that two different
vendors have differently named compilers, so using this as the
discrimination just seems wrong (I've actually got three different
compilers for the HC12).

> With current cvs you should be able to move the 6 variables
> above into Generic-chc12.cmake.
> The _ID_RUN variables still have to stay in the toolchain file.

Thanks, I'll try this when I'm back from my road trip.

> And there is no way to have your compiler produce a linked
> executable, e.g.
> with some force or ignore flags or some default settings ?
> (it doesn't have to actually be able to run on the target).

The compiler flags aren't the issue, the link/locator needs a custom
control file (see "link.prm" in the previous attachment), and defaulting
this isn't possible without also including a copy, it is possible, but
why bother? What benefit does the compiler test give?

 - TrevK