[CMake] building c code as c++ code

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:11:42 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07, John Pretz <pretz at umdgrb.umd.edu> wrote:
> Yes, if I say: PROJECT(projectname CXX) in the source, then it doesn't
> generate a target for my .c files.  The resulting makefiles don't even
> try to compile the .c file.

Hrm, that sucks.  I would look in the bug tracker about this.  CMake
shouldn't be making draconian assumptions about .c or .C suffixes.

I'll wager a workaround is to use (PROJECT blah CXX C) and pass a
"compile as C++" flag to the compiler somehow.  Lotsa stuff in the
mailing list archives about how to pass compiler flags.  I guess if
that workaround works, then the issue is not a showstopper, just
significantly annoying.  You should still ping bug tracker so that
people realize the issue does affect people.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every