[CMake] Can two executables share one object file?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 23:48:29 EDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Stuart Herring <cmake at stuartherring.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/07, Clark J. Wang <dearvoid at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > but it failed to cmake. So how can I let two executables share one single
> > object file?
> >
> You don't really want to.

Sometimes yes you really do.  Not for this trivial example, but it's
certainly valid for faking a convenience library and avoiding major
build redundancies.  See my new feature request #5515 "standard way to
locate object files" in the bug tracker.  http://www.cmake.org/Bug  It
includes an extensive example of how to do it in an non-standard way.
You can see the same code working for real in my tutorialized Chicken
Scheme build.  http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every