[CMake] moving project folder

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:38:42 EDT 2007

On 6/8/07, abhijeet mhatre <abhijeetmhatre at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Suppose if I want distribute my project with the source code,
> CMake files and all, how do I do this? I dont mind regenerating
> build files using "cmake ." but I dont want to edit the CMakeLists.txt
> and CMakeCache.txt when I distriubute my project. Is this doable?

You have to run CMake and generate the native build system on each and
every computer you move your source and CMakeLists.txt to.  Your users
will have to install CMake and learn how to use CMakeSetup or CCMake,
which is a pretty trivial learning curve if you've done a good build.
Nice GUI configuration and all of that.

Caveat: I've heard that MSVC .sln files can be used in some kind of
standalone mode sans CMake, but also that it's not thoroughly tested
or fully reliable or something.  It's definitely outside the normal
CMake usage pattern.  Normally, you introduce CMake as a dependency in
the user's build system.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every