[CMake] CMake 2.4.7 RC 10

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jun 6 14:24:41 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-06 12:18-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> So, at long last I have a release candidate for 2.4.7.
>
> The binaries and sources can be found here:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/
>
> The cmake-2.4.7-RC-10-* files.
>
> Please let me know if this introduces any new bugs.

Yes it does.

cmake-2.4.7-RC-10 does not work with PLplot.

Here are the error messages generated by the cmake command:

Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (31), when parsing string
"EXAMPLES_DIR=${EXAMPLES_DIR:-.}"
Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (39), when parsing string
"SRC_EXAMPLES_DIR=${SRC_EXAMPLES_DIR:-.}"
Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (27), when parsing string
"OUTPUT_DIR=${OUTPUT_DIR:-.}"
Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (21), when parsing string
"device=${DEVICE:-psc}"
Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (26), when parsing string
"-*=*) optarg=${1#*=} ;;"
Syntax error in cmake code at
(no filename given):-1:
syntax error, unexpected cal_SYMBOL, expecting } (22), when parsing string
"scripts_dir=${0%/*}"

The above problems all appear to occur in one configurable bash file. We
configure that file with @ONLY to avoid interpreting the bash syntax, and
that works for 2.4.6.  So it appears this is a bug in cmake-2.4.7-RC-10
where an incorrect attempt is made to parse ${} constructs when @ONLY is
specified.

Once this issue is fixed, I would be willing to try another test.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).