[CMake] Cmake with Eclipse

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:20:56 EDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Joachim Zettler wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> thank you for your help up to now. I followed the tutorials you
> provided to me and made a Standard C++ makefile project.
>
> Afterwards I tried to adjust the make command but it is not
> working. Here you can find the command.
>
> mingw32-make -f build\Makefile
>
> The makefile is actually in a build folder and i generated it
> before with cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles". Now it seems that the build
> \makefile is not working. Also build/makefile is wrong. I dont want
> to write the full path because it depends on which pc I actually work.
>
> Up to now I also create the makefile myself everytime I change
> something in the cmakelist.txt. I have read about an option to run
> external tools but I dont know exactly how to implement this so
> that cmake is running only when something cmakelist has changed. Is
> there also a possibility to choose between release and debug? In vc+
> + this was very easy to handle :)

In Eclipse, there is a "Run" Menu. In that Menu there is some sort of
Option for "External Tools". Go to that menu and there should be a
Dialog window that Appears. Fill in the information about the path to
cmake. The "Working Directory" should be something like "$
{project_loc}/Build" (adjust for windows paths) and the "Arguments"
should be "../"
  This is covered in the Wiki Entry:

If you edit your CMakeLists.txt file, then you will need to go back
out to your terminal and rerun cmake. OR you can create an external
program launch configuration and run cmake from within eclipse. To do
this select the "Run->External Tools->Show External Tools Dialog..."
menu. Create a new "Program" and call it Cmake. in the "Location"
text field, type the absolute path to cmake (/usr/local/bin/cmake).
If the "Working Directory" area insert the following: "${project_loc}/
Build" and in the Arguments section insert the following: "../". In
the "Refresh Tab" Select ""The project containing the selected
resources". In the "Common" tab check the "External Tools" selection.
This will put a shortcut in the "Run" menu for you. Click the Apply
Button and then run. cmake will now run on your project directory.

Try all that and let us know.