[CMake] Patch to FindBoost.cmake.

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:11:33 EDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 8:29 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Andreas Pakulat wrote:

>>> +1 for this.  This is without a doubt the best FindBoost.cmake
>>> I've seen
>>> so far.
>>
>> Looks pretty good and would obsolete the FindBoostLibs.cmake in KDE's
>> kdevplatform module. There's only one thing I miss: Documentation for
>> the individual
>>
>> BOOST_FOO_LIBRARY
>>
>> variables, I don't think many people want to link against _all_ boost
>> libs.
>
> Committed :)
>

>> Andreas
>>

> 	-- andreas
>
> --
> http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses

I had my own home grown FindBoost.cmake that I have been using but I
wanted to start using someone elses in the hopes that it would get
put into the cmake distribution.. I was looking at the above
FindBoost.cmake and the thing that I seemed to have noticed was that
my app would end up linking against ALL the boost libraries. I
usually only link against 3 of them..

In my original module I had it setup so I had command like the
following:

# ----------- Find the Boost stuff
SET (Boost_USE_UNIT_TEST_FRAMEWORK TRUE)
SET (Boost_USE_TEST_EXEC_MONITOR TRUE)
INCLUDE(${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/../../Resources/FindBoost.cmake)
LINK_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_LIBRARY_DIR})
ADD_EXECUTABLE( XMLTest ${XML_TEST_SRCS} )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES (XMLTest ${Boost_LIBRARIES} )

which would let me only link against the libraries that I choose.  Is
this something that the maintainers would consider implementing? I
can probably add it and submit an update FindBoost.cmake if needed?
  Or if not (code style?) why not?

Thanks
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer