[CMake] Cmake variable indicating ctest dashboard build (like DART_ROOT)

Wheeler, Frederick W (GE, Research) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Tue Jul 31 12:53:00 EDT 2007

Cmake list:

In the VXL project we use the cmake variable DART_ROOT to determine
whether the build is being done for the dashboard.  But if ctest is
used, DART_ROOT is not set.  Is there a different variable that should
be used for this purpose that works for both the old tcl-Dart1 and new
ctest?

Here is a typical current VXL use of DART_ROOT ...

# Default the dashboard builds to "YES" so that
# we have some clients that try to compile vgui
IF( DART_ROOT )
  OPTION( BUILD_VGUI "Build VGUI" "YES" )
ELSE( DART_ROOT )
  OPTION( BUILD_VGUI "Build VGUI" "NO" )
ENDIF( DART_ROOT )

... and I really just want to do the following in the right way ...

# Option to specify whether this is a build for the dashboard
#  - If Dart (TCL) is being used for the dashboard build, DART_ROOT
#    will be set.
#  - If CTest is being used for a dashboard build, set
#    BUILD_FOR_VXL_DASHBOARD to YES using SET (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE ...)
#    in the CTest script (until we find a better method right here).
IF( DART_ROOT )
  OPTION( BUILD_FOR_VXL_DASHBOARD "Is this a build for the dashboard?"
YES )
ELSE( DART_ROOT )
  OPTION( BUILD_FOR_VXL_DASHBOARD "Is this a build for the dashboard?"
NO )
ENDIF( DART_ROOT )

Thanks,
Fred