[CMake] Eclipse CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:17:58 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eclipse CDT only supports MinGW on Windows so the fact that it is
> broken for Cygwin is no surprise.

I've only poked at Eclipse every once in a blue moon, but as far as I
know that's just not true.  In fact, 1.5 years ago the problem was
MinGW was the second class citizen compared to Cygwin support.  If you
had both Cygwin and MinGW on the same system, MinGW support would
break.  CDT 4.0 appears to have addressed this.  The "New and
Noteworthy" says, "Support for the GNU toolchain on Windows now
specifies two separate toolchains Cygwin and MinGW."
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_whatsnew.htm

This issue was a major reason I stayed away from Eclipse.  I was busy
supporting multiple Windows compilers for Chicken Scheme, and not
being able to install Cygwin and MinGW on the same system was
unacceptable.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every