[CMake] How to check for _linker_ flags

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:47:39 EDT 2007

On 7/28/07, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:

> I also have a lot of other questions?
> Is there a list of the possible _contents_ of magic variables like
> CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME?

You could poke through the Dashboard script at the end of
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables

> Why is is ${MSVC}, ${BORLAND} and ${WATCOM} but ${CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC}?
> Doesn't look like consistent naming to me.

Feel free to fix it, make a feature request, or search the bug tracker
http://cmake.org/Bug to see if someone else has done so already.

> Is there a condition for a 64bit Windows, e.g. WIN64?

When I have questions like this, and the answer isn't on the CMake
useful variables wiki page, and it's not in the Dashboard script, then
I grep the sources.  Doing so, I find no occurrence of "WIN64".
Poking around more, I find that the Windows 64-bit generator code
lives at
cmake-2.4.7\Source\cmGlobalVisualStudio8Win64Generator.h
cmake-2.4.7\Source\cmGlobalVisualStudio8Win64Generator.cxx
Looking at that code, I don't see anything being defined.  So I've put
in feature request #5429 for it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every