[CMake] relinking of exe

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:24:40 EDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Jon W <knowdat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a visual studio project that creates an exe.  Even after the
> exe is linked and up to date, the next build will relink the exe.
>
> I'm trying to determine if this is a configuration issue, or a cmake
> issue.  Has anybody else seen this behavior?

You have probably forgotten or mis-stated some weird dependency issue.
 I had a trouble reminiscent of that when I was doing weird things
with static linking.  I did things in a more normal manner and the
problem went away.  Bear in mind the problem of file level
dependencies vs. target level dependencies.  Too tired to say any more
about that, search the mailing list archives.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every