[CMake] cmake support Dev C++

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 08:54:10 EDT 2007

On Jul 26, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Thursday 26 July 2007 02:47, Brandon Van Every wrote:
>> On 7/25/07, protein <proteinbme at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since Dev C++ is a nice free IDE in windows and is developing
>>> rapidly.
>>> Is it possible that one day cmake will support Dev C++ project file
>>> generation?
>>
>> As far as I can tell, interest in Dev C++ has waned because its
>> development has gotten stale.  People seem more interested in
>> Code::Blocks.  http://www.codeblocks.org/
>
> Yes, I tried and cvs snapshots are working without problems.
> There is a CodeBlocks generator in cmake cvs (in its beginnings).
> It needs
> testers, so I'd suggest try CodeBlocks and the generator in cmake cvs.
>
> Bye
> Alex

I will throw my hat in the ring on this one.. Eclipse with CDT:

  Available on Unix/Linux/OS X/Windows
Uses GNU Tool Chain by default
OpenSource
Updated Regularly
Uses Makefiles by default so basically CMake supports it.

Never tried Code::Blocks.. but I am really happy with Eclipse CDT.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer