[CMake] Call for Module maintainer volunteers

Andreas Schneider mail at cynapses.org
Thu Jul 26 03:57:08 EDT 2007

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch 25 Juli 2007 17:40 schrieb Andreas Schneider:
>> > If someone is using GTK2 I've created a nice Module too. But it isn't
>> > used at WengoPhone at the moment and I'm not a Gnome guy. Maybe someone
>> > else wants to take and maintain it.
>> >

>> http://cmake-modules.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Modules/GTK2/FindGTK2.cmake
>>
>> Looks a bit oversized, especially since pkgconfig is not limited to unix
>> platform. On Windows, you just have to setup PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
>> variable correctly to find the stuff. Thus the modules would be
>> useless and
>> the FindPkgConfig.cmake is sufficient.
>
> I have to second that. Those FindPackage module are difficult to
> maintain because they contain such hard coded path instead of using
> more elaborate solution. For instance which would use pkg-config to
> search for gtk2. Same comment for python, one should only need to
> specify which python executable so that cmake deduce correct path see

Hi,

sorry, but have you really looked at the code of the Module? I see a
pkgconfig line for every GTK Module in the FindPackage Module.

pkgconfig(glib-2.0 _GLIB2IncDir _GLIB2LinkDir _GLIB2LinkFlags _GLIB2Cflags)

If for whatever reason pkgconfig isn't install you can still find the
libraries and the headers.

pkg-config is fine to find the path for the libraries and the headers,
but it doesn't check if they really exists.

	-- andreas

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses