[CMake] Call for Module maintainer volunteers

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:35:37 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 25 Juli 2007 17:40 schrieb Andreas Schneider:
> > If someone is using GTK2 I've created a nice Module too. But it isn't
> > used at WengoPhone at the moment and I'm not a Gnome guy. Maybe someone
> > else wants to take and maintain it.
> >
> > http://cmake-modules.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Modules/GTK2/FindGTK2.cmake
>
> Looks a bit oversized, especially since pkgconfig is not limited to unix
> platform. On Windows, you just have to setup PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
> variable correctly to find the stuff. Thus the modules would be useless and
> the FindPkgConfig.cmake is sufficient.

I have to second that. Those FindPackage module are difficult to
maintain because they contain such hard coded path instead of using
more elaborate solution. For instance which would use pkg-config to
search for gtk2. Same comment for python, one should only need to
specify which python executable so that cmake deduce correct path see

2 cents,
-Mathieu