[CMake] Bugs in cmake-2.4.6, please solve for 2.4.7

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jul 25 09:01:57 EDT 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 15:39, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2007 15:22, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > > 5. There is absolutely no information about the component stuff. How
> > > can I use it or can only cpack do that?
> >
> > Still there.
>
> AFAICT this is not yet finished/intended for public use.

I was wrong, it is documented, in the docs for INSTALL (not in the TARGETS
section).

So you can say:

install(TARGET foo DESTINATION lib COMPONENT Runtime)
install(FILES foo.h DESTINATION include COMPONENT Devel)

On "make install" everything will be installed.
But it should work to call it directly:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT=Runtime -P cmake_install.cmake
Then only everything marked as belonging to this component will be installed.

Alex